- You may use either butternut or acorn
- Just cut it in half, remove seeds and membranes
- Either steam by a pot or steam cooker or by microwave on high, flesh side down in 1/4 cup of water for approximate 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Peel some lemon skin
- Squeeze the lemon juice into small pot
- Mix with 2 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar (if any)
- Cook till it boils. Do not keep on top of stove for too long, it will get burn
- Serve the warm syrup and lemon grass on the top of the warm butternut squash