- 1/3 cup of uncooked rice
- 1 cup of peanuts
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- Rinse rice
- Soak rice with cold water for 1-2 hours
- Deep fry peanuts until slightly brown
- Blend the rice with 1 cup of water until it becomes puree
- Blend the peanuts with 2 cups of water until it is puree, please do it separately from the rice puree
- Sieve out the rice and peanut puree into a big pot and add in 2 more cups of water
- Medium heat with the puree until boiling
- Turn off the heat and add brown sugar
Note: Make sure you sieve out those big crumbs of rice and peanut, especially the rice crumbs.
If you keep the big crumbs of rice, your milk may come out like congee or porridge.
During the boiling, keep stirring and prevent the bottom from getting burned.