- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1/2 head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of rice wine
- 1/8 tsp of sugar
- Preheat the wok and vegetable oil with high heat
- Cook the garlic for 1 minute
- Put in the cabbage and continually stir to prevent browning
- Add rice wine if available
- Stir fry until the cabbage is tender
- Add salt and sugar for seasoning and immediately serve
Note: Never add salt too early and please wait until the end. Most vegetables will come out more water and the
vegetables themselves may taste too tough and lose their sweetness if you add salt too early. Some people
even just use salt-flavored rice wine for cooking cabbage in order to keep its freshness and sweetness.
Often I like to put some sugar instead of MSG for the reason of good health and to balance all spices.
If you fine your cabbage is turning into brown, either you should turn down the heat or just add a little
water to cool down your wok. But remember, dont pour too much water.